Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Day #2 in Belize: The Whole Group is United
Today I woke up to another beautiful sunrise, it is absolutely beautiful! After I got some breakfast from down the street on the way back Kim told us we could start heading to the school to work to in order to get a head start on the working. Eventually our whole group met up with us at the school to help out with all the work we needed to do. Our work for today consisted of moving rubbish and trash farther into the lagoon and make it as flat as we could so that we could put sand on top of it. Which eventually will be used as our foundation for our swing set we are going to put up. When we got back from working most of us went swimming in the ocean and then laid out on the dock to chat. After that Mary and I went to Wayo's Beachside Beernet in order to get internet access to write our blogs while sitting in the hammocks. When we came back we showered and got ready for the night. During this time the second half of our group showed up and got ready for the night too. While waiting for everyone to get ready I went to the dock and saw another shark swimming close by (Scary). As a huge group we all went to the ATM to get some cash for the week. Afterwards Mary and I went with Kim to eat at a seafood restaurant that she knew of. On our way back from eating we stopped past Lola's Pub since Kim has a friend that owns it. To end the night we went back to the boys' house and hung out for the rest of the night. It was a great Saturday, I will have more to follow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhhhh! So exciting...take lots of pictures and stay away from those sharks! Love you! I can't wait to hear more when you get home!
ReplyDelete